Follow FLIKHALL on Twitter

Tuesday 10 January 2012

FASHION 156


DAILY BLOG


FASHION156′S GUEST CONTRIBUTOR – DESIGNER FLIK HALL CREATION


Flik Hall, emerging womenswear designer is guest blogging all week, and following an illuminating 5 Question interview on Monday, where she talked about her ideal getaway and future plans, she created this unique piece for us of twinkly lights shining through one of her signature prints.

Here, she tells us about her creation: “For SS12 my collection encompassed prints of octopi; one print includes lots of tiny holes of the octopus’s suckers. I was intrigued to see when the holes were cut out, how I could create a pattern of the octopi that would span over a much larger scope than the body.

Trying out light was a natural jump for me, I was pleased to find when I used the right strength of light bulb, a lovely harmony between retaining the print and casting the pattern from the light could be achieved. I like to think the octopus is shining from within in a way.”

Image by: Jack Willsmore

No comments:

Post a Comment